"When change is imposed upon a system,
the system will adjust and relieve the stressor in order to maintain equilibrium."
- Le Chatelier's Principle

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Discretion

Well today was some kind of shitty day.
I had decided early on during the day, before any type of plan was made with anyone, that I was going to go to Starbucks with my AP Lang book and finally finish reading it. Being me, I should have known that nothing EVER goes according to plan. HA how silly of me to even think it.

Instead, I looked in my bag and found $1. A dollar. One dollar bill. So much for coffee and reading!
It's sad too because I got all dressed up hoping to look nice and be alone in society looking nice. I curled my hair, put on a skirt, did my nails. I rarely ever just devote a day to myself, trying to look good because I want to for my own sake. 

And to add onto this lousy morning, my absolutely wonderful friend who I by no means blame for anything at all (I mean this, I love her to death), texted me about some fun story she had! Joy! I love to share the happiness of my friends, I genuinely do.
So H says, hold up, I'm buying some groceries, then I'll tell you about this "funny story haha oh god" after I check out.
I'm thinking, she saw a funny shaped balloon. Someone burped really loudly. Her summer school teacher had a stain on his shirt, how hilarious! I'm really excited for this 'funny story!'

Hey, by the way before I forget since it's really relevant to the rest of this pointless narrative, I've always felt like the least attractive person in my group of friends. There I said it. Everyone else is so pretty and wonderful and beautiful and then there's me with all my horrible clothing choices and awkward crooked smiles. I may not be ugly, but ain't no boys lining up for this face. Maybe they're all friends with me because I make them look even prettier!

Anyway. H texts back. Haha so that funny story?
DELI GUY FROM MEIJER ASKED ME OUT HURR.

HAHA.

OH MAN.
THAT'S EVEN FUNNIER THAN I EXPECTED OH YOU FUNNY GAL HAHAHA.


...seriously?
did it not hit her for a single (excuse the pun) moment in her brain that I am the LAST PERSON ON EARTH she should relate that to? the single lonely insecure little indian girl? NO, I'm the only one who understands that she's too pretty and funny and awesome and so she gets asked out by complete strangers on a daily basis, nbd, because I mean how funny is that?!
SO FUCKING FUNNY.
guh. really, I'm not mad at her. A little bitter maybe, jealous definitely, but not mad. She couldn't know that I'm feeling this way, because no one does! I cover it up so well! (I think.)

But still, she could have used a little bit of discretion. All people can. When there is exactly one person in your entire circle of friends who is completely and totally single with no prospects at all, please for the love of god THINK and pick someone else to tell your "every guy on the planet wants a piece of me" stories to. I will always listen if you wish to tell me, but just think about what kind of impact it's having on me too.

Thank you for listening.

Mona.

No comments:

Post a Comment