"When change is imposed upon a system,
the system will adjust and relieve the stressor in order to maintain equilibrium."
- Le Chatelier's Principle

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Summer Solstice


This is the first year since moving to Naperville that I didn't watch the sunrise and sunset on the summer solstice (another first?? haha). I think it's okay though, and I don't feel too nostalgic because I still had a fantastic day!

I have to say, I really love my friends. They're such fantastic people, and every moment I spend with them is memory I know I'll cherish later in life, a little strand of pearls that I'll hide away and pull out whenever I need to feel better.
That being said, it sometimes bothers me how much drama and stuff is always going on within the group. There's so much hierarchy and inner circles and problems and issues... it's high school, why is everyone so worried about all of this?! If everyone just settled down, looked each other in the eye and just said "Hey, you can be a bitch sometimes but it's all good because I still love ya bro." I know we could do it, but everyone overthinks everything! Thinking is good, OVERthinking is terrible!

Spontaneity. That's what my life needs right now. Don't get me wrong, planning things is great, gives you something to look forward to and some necessary organization. But I want it to spontaneously rain and be in the middle of a large field with someone awesome and just enjoy the moment and...LIFE. I want that!
I think that's why I really enjoyed spending time with B. Everything was so different and exciting and spontaneous! I felt like I was really living, doing things I'd never done before and always thinking "What even...AM I REALLY DOING THIS RIGHT NOW?" 85 on 5th Avenue, getting carwashes after midnight, drive-in movies, pretending to be interested in purchasing a tractor at John Deere. I mean, WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT? I really miss those nights, and him. Although, I'd die if he ever found out!

So yeah, my friends need to get spontaneous, stat. I think everyone's problems would go away if people could just shrug them off like yeah, whatever, life.

Also, it bothers me how everyone has a "person" in the group, like their go-to gal, and I don't. :(

Okay okay, whiny complain-y, world doesn't revolve around me....RIGHT.

Sometimes though, I wish I could just be a fly on the wall, not part of the mess but still attentive. After all, friendship is a spectator sport. How funny it would be to see everything from an unbiased perspective, eh?

Mona

1 comment:

  1. Do you ever get the deja-vu feeling? Because I know I feel exactly like this right now.... you're so right.

    ReplyDelete