I think I learned this from Brave New World and the The Giver, but there would be no beauty without tragedy. No poetry, no art, no music. Or there would be, but none would convey any real emotion or show true evidence of style and expression. Beauty comes from pain, so I'd like to look at recent events in my life from that perspective, with a shadow of beauty. Speaking of which...
"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
Self esteem. Mine hasn't always been as high as it should be, and it still may not be, but I think I have faith in myself now. I think anyone with a blog does, really. We've all heard about the dangers of the internet, yet we go forth and post the deepest most intimate details of our life openly for all to see! That takes some kind of courage, and at times it can be a curse. But really, it's a blessing in disguise. The people who truly care about me do read this and understand me and where I'm coming from, and that's all that matters.
I am not ashamed of what I write on my blog.
I write because I can and I should and anyone who cares to look back and grow from their mistakes keeps a record of their thoughts and feelings.
I just happen to share them with my friends, so that I have a way to communicate even with our busy schedules and time constraints.
I consider myself a smart, intelligent young woman with a path paved ahead for her.
Yeah, I'm a teenager so sometimes I can be a little weird and desire some weirder things.
But that's not wrong!
I am proud of every thought and feeling that passes through me, no exception. Read my mind if you will, but rest assured at your own risk. I am comfortable in my own head though I make no promises that you will be.
I am not ashamed of who I am.
My personality, my essence, my core is strong and powerful and ready.
What's wrong with that?
I am not ashamed of what I write on my blog, ever, for any reason.
I have every right to feel what I want, say what I want, act upon whatever emotion drives me to do what I want to do. I have the right to tell whoever I want about those experiences. I sacrificed privacy in hopes to make more connections, and it's really worked out for me.
Someone whose opinion matters seems to think I'm a cool person, presumably before and after reading my writing.
My best friends love my writing.
I love writing.
And that's all that matters.
Confidence is sexy, right? I'm being a confident sexy courageous teenager.
I am not ashamed of who I am.
Mona
I love this. I love you.
ReplyDelete