"When change is imposed upon a system,
the system will adjust and relieve the stressor in order to maintain equilibrium."
- Le Chatelier's Principle

Friday, July 20, 2012

Suburban Girl

It's amazing how different life is just 30 miles away from here. City life is so purposeful and driven; even when I'm just walking down the street aimlessly, I feel productive. My daily routine in the suburbs really lacks motivation, and city seems to have an endless supply! I want to be there all the time, riding the trains with Tina and Eve and Megan and Shirley.

Which brings me to my amazing week! God I love art, and I love people who love art! It was so incredible being around people who shared the same passion as me, even if I was "suburban girl" all week. (According to Eve, "alien.") I've learned so much, and I've imparted quite a bit of knowledge myself. I can't even go into detail because there was SO MUCH going on, but I will list some fun aspects that might pique your interests into asking me more! (Comment for elaborations.)


  • Cleaning paintings
  • Treating rips in paintings
  • Gluing down paint onto paintings
  • Restoring and color matching
  • Examining Picasso's Old Guitarist with X-rays, UV lighting, and samples
  • Nude models
  • Nude models?
  • NUDE MODELS.
  • Street art (my nickname being "flaka") 
  • Stealing maps from the L
  • Hot lab partners without Facebooks
  • Tina
  • Eve
  • Shirley :) 
  • Megan
  • PACO
  • Applying for Teen Council to be an intern/staff/part of the greatest place on Earth
I just can't believe it's over. But all the memories will stay with me forever. 
Cheers to my newfound badassery folks!


Mona (FLAKA) 

P.S. Terah and her lazy eye. Oh man. What a week. 
P.P.S. Faye, the conservator, says I show a real talent for restoration. Future career, please. 

No comments:

Post a Comment