"When change is imposed upon a system,
the system will adjust and relieve the stressor in order to maintain equilibrium."
- Le Chatelier's Principle

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Windows into another world

I'm dedicating this post to books and bookshelves. 
(Filled up bookshelves, actually. Empty ones are not as cool.)

Can I just say how much I love reading? I have yet to discover something in my life that de-stresses me quicker than a good book. I wouldn't even consider myself a particularly speedy reader. I like to take time and mull over the words, let them linger in my mind and my mouth.

Books are fantastic. I can relate to almost every character I read about in some way or another, which probably means I can relate to almost anyone in the world! But I don't, because who needs them when I have books! they're not as open as people in text. 

Writers. Oh, writers. Authors, and poets, and biographers. Words cannot express how I feel about these magnificent people. (My lack of speech shows I'm not a writer!) Conjuring up memories where none can be found, formulating careful opinions and creating a person. A true person with true insecurities! Even though technically, writers are just master liars. I mean, isn't that all they're doing? Making up stories to either a) express/cover up their own problems b) express/cover up someone else's problem or c) pathologically lie for absolutely no reason other than they're incredible people with incredible minds and I wish I could be them oops did I just say that. 

Books can best be compared to people. Some are bright and cheerful and others are dark and murky, exactly what they appear to be; both provide an odd sense of comfort. Some contain a depth that can't be seen on the surface, and they amaze you in every way by rising above your expectations. Some are really effing annoying, but you still listen because you can't help it. And then some say so few words that people hang onto every last one, hoping for just a glimpse of the wisdom. They come in a variety of sizes and colors, too. All of them are beautiful. 

If time really is money that can never be saved, spend it reading books. 

Mona

P.S. I'm not really going for witty/interesting today. Nothing will be well-written. They will just be brainthoughts. Read at your own risk! 

No comments:

Post a Comment