So Beatlesday I spent some time with D and C, and it was kind of spectacular.
I got compliments from both of them on the earrings I wore, felt pretty good about them clothing choices. D mentioned they reminded her of the nightmare before christmas! Of course, I took out my earrings just before going to bed and had a terrifying nightmare. That shit was damn scary.
The entire world had decided to rename Friday to Rebecca Blackday.
Of course, they also renamed yesterday to Beatlesday, so it could have been a lot worse.
Also I've been reading The Book Thief by Markus Zusak because I know that once school starts, I'll be churning out homework like Mrs. Rocco with vanilla ice cream. (She was in the dream too. Fighting passionately against the renaming with her ice cream.)
It's an infinitely depressing book. A wonderful story, but I'm a weeper. People who know me really well have assumed by this point that I don't cry which couldn't be less true.
I cry at everything.
Sad movies. Happy movies. Bad news. Good news. Birthday cards.
I weep. I bawl. But only in private! I'm not a PDE (public displays of emotion) kind of gal.
Not sure what the point of this post is.
Hmm. On that note,
Mona
P.S. I'm really excited for Nightliveday Anniemorrow, S and D are going to be very cultural with me!
P.P.S It's been a couple of hours since I first posted this, and I've finished reading The Book Thief.
It ripped my heart out and stomped it to pieces.
Over and over and over again.
Markus Zusak, I will never forgive you for Rudy and Hans Hubermann.
No comments:
Post a Comment