"When change is imposed upon a system,
the system will adjust and relieve the stressor in order to maintain equilibrium."
- Le Chatelier's Principle

Monday, July 30, 2012

Autumnal Aspirations

Is there anything better than colorful leaves, apple picking, and the holiday season on the horizon?
I love autumn. I love everything it means, and brings. Easily my favorite season.  
I feel a bit of poetic elaboration coming on... 

The Weather (but really, the clothing)
It's 60 degrees out. All them bitches and whores have thrown their booty shorts and crop trops in the closet for the year. (You can just say you don't like clothes. We all know.) The presence of clothing fills the void I've been feeling all summer while I avoided my skinny jeans. 
Everybody throws on cute sweaters and hoodies and it's finally not too hot to walk around without worrying about back sweat. Gah what a wonderful feeling. 
Call me crazy, but I actually only hate summer for the reason that it requires me to strip down to shorts and tank tops everyday. I hate letting everyone see so much of my body. I LIKE clothes. I like covering up my legs with warm jeans and wearing my hair out over long sleeved shirts. I'm more comfortable, and honestly, more attractive. Everyone looks more attractive! I means boys, I get it, you like seeing skin. But isn't it more exciting when it's a surprise, and you're the only one who gets to see it? Comfort and softness and warmth are way more alluring than giant armholes that show off bras, in my opinion.
I don't know, there's just something about warm clothes that I can't resist! 

The Holidays/ Special Days 
My birthday, Autumnal equinox, Halloween, Band competitions, Diwali, Durgashtami (garba), Nava rathiri (Nine nights) and (dare I say it) the First Day of school. 
Plus, onlooking Thanksgiving, Christmas, and the New Year. 
It's the beginning of a beautiful and loving season. 

The Food 
So much goddamn food. Okay yeah, I always gain a couple of pounds but it's okay because I'M FULLY CLOTHED. Plus, there are pumpkins and apples, and all the rest of the specialized seasonal foods. And all the Indian holidays bring on a galore of festival delicacies that we only get once a year! The food and clothes go hand-in-hand here. 

I'm so impatient, I tried to force fall into my life by wearing sweater and pants, but it's just not time yet. I don't know how I'll make it through the rest of the summer, but the impending autumn activities and colors will lead me through it somehow. August can't go by any faster! 


Mona

P.S. This may well be the most pointless and uninteresting post I've ever made. DGAF. 

No comments:

Post a Comment