I'm starting to fall into routines lately, and it always bothers me when every day is more or less the same. If I die today, would I be happy with my last day? That's not to say that I should go risk my life and skip class everyday in case of some unexpected tragedy, but perhaps minor details of my day could vary so that I'm content with how my life is being spent.
Today was one such day when everything went right (except that damned horned squash, but more on that later).
I woke up and decided that I couldn't write my essay for the life of me. I'm a pretty good writer, but I just wasn't feeling it with this essay yet. I haven't even legitimately picked out a topic yet, and our first rough draft was due today! Yikes! So I quickly went on Naviance and discovered that High Point University was visiting during 2nd period, and decided to check it out and "ditch" class. High Point University looks like a hotel and I will neither visit nor apply to it. There's only 4000 kids in the entire school! NO!
I did however finish my debate last night, so I was prepared for APUSH this morning. Went into class, feeling good. Did not speak to the Saint at all because looking him in eye is still a struggle for me, although I think Nathan Lindquist picked upon on that and requested to sit between us (more on Nathan later).
Eby got antsy that we were running out of time, and in the end, I never spoke once during the period. The rest of my debate team did an excellent job debating and rebutting, so I never really had to speak. It's a shame though because I had a really sound argument to present. I still appreciated doing nothing.
3rd period was fantastic because it was AP Chem and there is nothing better than chemistry (fact: even yesterday when I found out I failed, actually failed, my test, I still had a good time in that class). Mrs. Brucker is the world's greatest woman. I love chemistry.
Drawing comes up and I decided to take on the task of inking the *gasp* HORNED SQUASH!
And it looked terrible. I made the lines too thick and I ruined the outer edge of the squash, but luckily Mrs. Matas had white ink so I was able to contour lines back into what I needed. Squash 1, Shob 0. Next week I will attempt to stipple the pockmarks... God help me.
Relaxation day in gym! Woo hoo! Took a nap!
Konrad bought me a burrito from Chipotle for lunch. I regret what I've ever said about Konrad. He's a pretty cool guy.
After I ate my burrito, I went to math for about 5 minutes, left, and now here I am at home, living the high life!
Good day right? Plus, all the stress from yesterday has melted into weekend problems, so I can worry about homework and shit like that for tomorrow and Sunday. Yay!
Speaking of homework and shit, someone who I am discovering is really really funny and awesome and actually a human being is Nathan Lindquist. I'd always imagined that he was some kind of robotic, pretentious, smart kid who didn't really have any emotions and just wanted to get good grades. I now realize I couldn't have been more wrong. He is so damn funny. And it turns that he does get stressed out, a lot actually. And that having a social life means something to him, and he wants one. He frequently refers to himself as "living in a cave," often with a hint of melancholia behind it. I truly enjoy his company and think he has much more to offer to the world than just his smarts; he has a heart. He notices things about people, like my low self confidence sometimes. He thinks I'm "very intelligent, and should use that intelligence to stand up for [myself] when people say otherwise." In other words, Nathan Lindquist is capable of empathy.
In other news, I think Cal is starting to grow on me. After talking to Sienna yesterday at the homecoming carnival, I realized that the qualities in boys that I've always found attractive don't matter as much as I thought. Intelligence will always be sexy, but there are different guys out there and I should really branch out. The only thing about Cal is that he doesn't really make me laugh when we're alone, and that's something that's really important to me.
I'm not really sure if I have time for a relationship right now anyway, which is sad.
I just want someone to spend time with when I'm lonely, and who I can fall in love without being committed to them.
Mona
P.S. I've been listening to the album by Fela Kuti (from Ben) and I really enjoy it. A lot. I might go see "Fela!" soon since some theater troop from Africa is putting it on in Chicago.
No comments:
Post a Comment