"When change is imposed upon a system,
the system will adjust and relieve the stressor in order to maintain equilibrium."
- Le Chatelier's Principle

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Getting back to set

Learning drill for marching band isn't really too hard....
when you're in pit! We don't have much to remember (but our music is more complicated, I assure you.) 
But we do have SOME drill to learn, so we went out today to get on that task. 

I can still hear Mr. Moore's words ringing in my ears: "With a sense of urgency, please." 

Words of wisdom. Seriously.
I'm sure Mr. Moore doesn't know what kind of inspiration he's provided for me here. 
Laziness affects the best of us as we make our way back to the first set, or you know... summer homework/NHS applications/SAT, ACT, PSAT prep/making up driver's ed. 

The problem is, I have 15 days until the first day of school, and I have absolutely no goddamn sense of urgency. None whatsoever. Urgent? What's that? DGAF.
(DGAF is becoming really unhealthy for me. DGTS? NO.) 
I'm blogging when I should be reading or typing up a paper or something. I won't even be home for the majority of next week, so what in HELL am I still doing on the computer? 
I'm saying all this and stressing myself out, and still doing nothing about it. 

I've decided that tomorrow I will record when Mr. Moore says his magic words and play it over and over again in my sleep. Really knock in that urgency.

But in all seriousness. I know it will get done, and one thing I always do to help me get through "tough times" is imagine myself at the end of them, papers written and applications applied. Somehow, knowing that there's an end in sight helps me do the work. 
However this seems to be the exception, because the end = school. And I don't want to imagine that starting again. So I'm sitting here with basically no urgency. Like when my brother takes a shower. Not even slightly bothered by how long he spends in there. Wasting water? Other people need the bathroom? Have somewhere to be? DGAF

Resolution: MUST STOP DGAFING, AND WITH A SENSE OF URGENCY. 
Because it's about time I got back to set. 


Mona 

No comments:

Post a Comment