"When change is imposed upon a system,
the system will adjust and relieve the stressor in order to maintain equilibrium."
- Le Chatelier's Principle

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Swing/throttle

I'm "in full" of both, so I couldn't decided which one would be better to use. Or if either of them even make sense... yeah that's my mental state right now.

It's funny because when I sat down to think of the title of this blogpost, I actually felt super confident and good and all. And then I went on Tumblr and realized that the only thing I'm really untalented with is the one part of my life that I love the most and wish I could be better at: Art.

Yeah I know a lot about the history, because I give a shit. But unfortunately, I'm kind of a terrible artist. I'm uncreative, unimaginative. I have no wonderful inspirations. I'm a lonely 16 year old AP student who just wants to get through high school and live in a small studio apartment in New York with a copy of Pride and Prejudice and coffee. In what ways am I unique enough to major in art?

Seriously though, none of my work is good. People who've seen it can atone to the fact that talent may come in bundles but it does not spread far. I'm good at an assortment of things, let's say in the top 25% in most areas (excluding music, yikes). I could really technically go into any field that I want... but I what field do I want? A R T
What's the one thing I suck at? A R T

Sad, no? How life never really works out the way you'd like it to. And it's terrible because people spend their whole lives trying to figure out what they want to spend their life doing, but when I figure it out it turns out to be all wrong. 

It almost makes me want to give up art classes. Just stop taking them, and stop wasting my time and all my teachers' time. But unfortunately, the love is so great, so unconditional, that to tear me away from the one form of existence that wills me to open my eyes everyday would be blasphemous. It's a pity though, that my vision should never become a reality.


Mona

No comments:

Post a Comment