someone is the coolest bean since cool beans. She sits by me in all three classes we have together, she's well-read like no one I've known before, and she has opinions. Shit, I didn't even realize how absolutely cluelessly unopinionated I was until someone came along and broke it all out for me with her cynicism.
Just because a book is a classic, doesn't mean it's automatically good/true/relevant.
There is no reason to make an effort to like a teacher who is horrible. Stop.
Some things in life are meant for old people.
The positioning of where you sit in class should always be optimal for those days (and we all know we have them) when you need to sleep.
Also, somehow she manages to dress like a classy person every day of the week. C manages to look very put together every day, D manages to look sweet, L looks cute, etc. But someone just looks straight up classy, no matter what. All she wore today was khakis, a white button-up, and a Pink sweatshirt, yet she pulled it off like she was going to an interview (which she was, for Panda Express. Girl needs cash money flow.)
I had to spill, I'm sorry. That's not to say I approve of every one of her life choices.
Drinking is bad. Smoking is not the most productive (or legal) pastime. Shoplifting is generally frowned up.
But in essence, someone is what I want to be. She does well in class because she does the assignment according to her beliefs, her views, and she's not afraid to form a judgement off of what she knows! Albeit, she knows a lot more than I do, but she also reads a lot more so it's really not surprising. I figure if I keep listening to NPR and become more confident and assertive with my opinions, APUSH might actually be interesting this semester. The important thing is not to feel ashamed if someone shoots me down, that's just the nature of plusser boys and there's nothing I can do about it.
My consolation is knowing that I am infinitely more attractive than them and will make out with at least 5 times as many people in my life time. And that's after making the generous assumption that they will kiss 3 people.
Anyway, the point here is not that I want someone's life. I just want what will presumably be her essence be in 10 years. When she's 26, she'll finally have stopped all this teenage rebellion nonsense and would be well on her way having graduated from a private liberal arts school or something. Whatever it is that people like someone do.
I'm just really happy that she sits by me in three classes. And it's all the three classes I was worried I wouldn't have anyone to talk to, especially Psych after O'Biebs dropped it. Though I also have Cary Murray in Psych, so it's actually a decent class to be in now.
APUSH... I sit next to Arpan AGAIN. I'm gonna have a little talk with Eby tomorrow because this is not happening...
I REFUSE TO PUT UP WITH ARPAN FOR ANOTHER SEMESTER.
don't get me wrong, he's really a great kid and all...
OH WAIT.
NO HE'S NOT.
HE SUCKS.
NO
NO
NO
NO
I WILL NOT DO THIS.
Mona
P.S. okay so he's not a serial murderer or anything...except to my ear drums because he just won't shut the fuck up.
No comments:
Post a Comment