"When change is imposed upon a system,
the system will adjust and relieve the stressor in order to maintain equilibrium."
- Le Chatelier's Principle

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The question is...

Peer pressure? I feel forced to blog in a good way today, which brings me to realizing that hell bro, peer pressure isn't always bad. In fact, sometimes it can be really great!

For example, last night at the party, peer pressure made me feel compelled to sing like an absolute fucking lunatic in front of people who were probably embarrassed by it. I mean, everyone was basically just being slutty (in a good way!) and since I decided to dress like my usual underdressed self, I had to compensate. So I let everyone listen to my obnoxiously off key voice and felt no shame when everyone started getting bored anyway. I had a good time and I really couldn't care less if anyone else didn't.

Also peer pressure is forcing me to stop hanging out with B. I see the way everyone talks about Mk and Co and he's twenty. B is eighteen? It's not far off, especially because in terms of age difference, B and I are exactly the same number of years apart as Mk and Co (two and a half). So even if they don't directly disapprove, I assume that people are talking about the grossness of it all behind my back.

Peer pressure keeps me from drinking, smoking, on occasion coffee, and skipping class.
Sometimes it keeps me home. Sometimes it helps me get my homework done. As of now, I think it's helping me realize that there is a happy medium with single life and relationship life. I don't have to isolate myself because I'm single, but I also don't have to sit around pining for anyone. I'm not desperate; I'm not asexual. I'm just a girl looking in all the corners for some love, quietly and happily. I honestly think I'd be content no matter what happened right now. That's where I'm at.

I need to spend time with other people though. Badly. Not because I'm sick of my friends, but because they all have other friends too. I just feel obligated to be close to someone else.

Okay. I'm running out of things to say but I have close the post off somehow. This would be a terrible ending. Or would it?


Mona

1 comment: