"When change is imposed upon a system,
the system will adjust and relieve the stressor in order to maintain equilibrium."
- Le Chatelier's Principle

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Preemptive Measures

Tomorrow is my birthday.
I hope people say Happy Birthday when they see me.
I hope Birdman remembers, like I remembered his.
I hope I receive a copy of  The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien.
I hope everyone is happy with my choice of restaurant.

I want my parents to give me a hug (they always do).

I hope I come into minimal contact with any plussers.
I hope I get the right color of red for the crab apples in my painting.
I hope someone comments on my new skinny jeans.

I want Ben to sing to me over the phone (he promised he would).

I hope I get an A on my Chem test.
I hope the NHS people like my application.
I hope everyone smiles and has a good day.

I want my friends to get along (they never do, anymore).

I hope Mr. Smith and I become closer through the year.
I hope I receive a copy of The Moon and Antarctica by Modest Mouse.
I hope I look pretty.

I hope this isn't too repetitive.

Tomorrow is my birthday. And all my hopes and wishes should come true.
So lets find out if they do.

Mona



No comments:

Post a Comment