My new glasses may not be rose-colored, but I'm certainly seeing things clearer.
Homecoming still occupies maximum brain capacity, but since I'm not worried about a date anymore, other problems have to enter my life.
Mostly, the Saint. I like being friends with him, so why is this so difficult? Why is he being so damn DIFFICULT? Almost makes it not worth it, almost. I think in this case, time will heal over whatever is going on, so I'm just hanging back and giving him some time to rationalize whatever the problem is. But since he won't even tell me what the problem is... grrrrrr BOYS.
Everything else is as hard as always. Classes, life, money. The same issues arise every year, and I always find myself unequipped to deal with them. Such is life, I guess. I'm just keeping the stress to a minimum and going with the flow, not giving a fuck where necessary.
Actually, the whole philosophy of DGAF works really well. Everytime I worry about something, DGAF. Worried that I'm not worried? Eh, DGAF! I'm even DGAFing that, so it's pretty much a state of nothingness, and it feels fantastic! Helps me focus more on what's important and what has to be done. (Which is absolutely nothing.)
My friends are great. They fight, I stay out of it. I'm fine, they may not be. DGAF. I love them and they'll resolve their conflicts on their own; I keep up the neutrality proclamation and I'm set.
The most worrisome thing right now is how much I forget to do each day. I forget a lot of things and I really need to...not. I'm using the notes page on my phone more often now, and then I forget to look at it! Argh, there's not middle ground. Oh well.
Such is life.
Mona
P.S. I really hope Zach isn't ineligible this week. I really hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment