Today was my birthday.
I will experience it less than 100 times.
It will only be a 24 hour length.
But always memorable.
I did not receive a copy of The Hobbit.
But I did receive Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut.
I did not receive a copy of The Moon and Antarctica.
But my parents ordered it along with many CDs and the shipment's a little late.
I did not come into minimal contact with plussers.
But I did enjoy laughing at them.
I did not ace my Chem test (as far as I can tell).
But I still have a 97 in the class so it's okay.
I did not gain the birthday sentiments of all who saw me.
But 52 people wrote on my facebook wall and my best friends all made my day very very special.
Everyone loved my choice of restaurant.
People commented on my jeans (and my ass HOT DAMN).
I did mix the right shade of alizarin crimson for my crab apples.
Many people smiled.
Many people seemed to have a good day.
My friends got along, for my sake or whomever's, I suppose.
Mr. Smith seems to like me.
My parents hugged me, a lot.
Birdman smiled and remembered. And I offered some of my brownies.
Ben sang to me, and had an entire choir of college friends behind him, just like he promised.
I think I looked pretty.
I think I'm loved.
Mona
No comments:
Post a Comment